Friday, March 28, 2008

Elvis Costello




From Lipstick Vogue by Elvis Costello. When I started this series, there was a part of me that felt that I had some explaining to do. In an attempt to deflect some of the vanity associated with putting your art out there for others to see, it made sense to use the words of those I admire or feel some sort of connection to rather than my own. More often than not, people take something completely different than what was intended and I'm sure to be just as guilty of misrepresentation. But every once in a while, everything just clicks. When my Dad saw this painting for the first time, he looked at it and then in passing said simply, "almost, huh?" It was a perfect moment, because that is exactly what I was trying to say.
That was a good day.

No comments: