Monday, March 17, 2008

A modest proposal


I am so tired of people honking their car horns. It is the quintessential display of hostile impatience. I know you can't take away people's horns, since they do serve a purpose, like if you're coming around a blind turn in the mountains or something. I suggest a compromise. All new cars should come with two horns, the standard obnoxious horn for emergencies, and a second, more pleasant horn. We'll call it a courtesy horn. It could sound like those old fashioned "model t" oogah horns, which would make me smile if someone tooted that behind me if I don't go the split second after the light turns green. Maybe they can make a horn that is the first two notes of "So what" by Miles Davis. Even a clown horns would beat the current blare. And how about a horn that sounded like those metal bells they used to put on bicycles or even one that sounds like the bellhop bell at the desk in hotels. Think of the decline in road rage.

Ok Toyota, get on that.

1 comment:

CAMILLA said...

I hope you will leave this posted
for a while, it's priceless.