Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!


Today is my Mom's birthday. I love this picture of her. It was taken at my wedding and I have no idea what she and Rob are laughing about, but it makes me smile. It hangs above my TV, the most hallowed of ground in my home. She gave me my premature grey hair and my nose. She gave me my fire and most of my grit. She gives me the most unconditional love and thinks my comics are funny. She and my Dad give me the reason to keep this blog going. If I was not 3,000 miles away, I would bring her African violets and Bailey's Irish Cream today, but I'm not, so I offer you this tribute instead. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you very much.

3 comments:

Albert Reeves said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Albert Reeves said...

You are GREAT, thanks for a wonderful 'wish' for your MOM.
Love,
Daddy

jcku said...

I love this photo too! Happy Birthday! I hope that you are laughing today the way that you are in this photo. Love, Jill